Fred Rogers considered the number “143” to be a very special number. He once said,
It takes one letter to say I and four letters to say love and three letters to say you. One hundred and forty-three.
In fact, he liked the number so much that he maintained the weight of 143 pounds for the last 30 years of his life.
Our 143 Club is a tribute to Fred’s wonderful legacy of love. The club provides important financial support to the Center, sustaining programs that are built upon Fred’s deep and simple approach to child development. For $143 a year—just ten monthly payments of $14.30—you can join the 143 Club, and help children become confident, competent, and caring.
Members of the 143 Club receive the following benefits:
- A quarterly 143 Club newsletter.
- Invitations to special events.
- An opportunity for a behind the scenes tour, visiting the Fred Rogers Archive.
- A listing in our donor honor roll as a special 143 Club member.
- An annual update on service learning projects at the Center, which promotes Fred’s commitment to building communities and helping neighbors.
- A commemorative Fred Rogers Center pin, and more.
Join the Club
To join the 143 Club, simply use our online giving feature, or mail your gift to the Fred Rogers Center at Saint Vincent College, 300 Fraser Purchase Road, Latrobe, PA 15650.
For more information, or any other questions about giving opportunities, please feel free to contact Karen Struble Myers, CFRE, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (724) 805-2369.